(Lima) Beans and Delhi Cha(a)t

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The chill is biting...

and the weatherman says, this is going to be one of the severest winters hitting Delhi. That became evident no sooner than the new year rolled in. The sun playing hooky far too often, steely cold waves, and even a light drizzle earlier this week--winter has started showing its harsh face to us.

All you want to have in such a season is something hot. If it's also fried and crispy, would you complain? I certainly wouldn't. And so I made this little wintry treat to bite off the chill with mugfuls of hot chai to accompany it. Egg lovers, do join me for this savoury indulgence. It can be made in minutes, so let's get frying!



Egg Pakoda


Ingredients:


Eggs - 4-5, hard boiled, mashed
Potato - 2 medium sized, boiled and mashed
Bread slcies - 3-4
Onion - 1 medium sized, chopped fine
Garlic - 4-6 cloves, chopped fine
Green chilli - 2-3, chopped (or more if you want it hotter)
Tomato ketchup - 1 tablespoon
Green chilli sauce - 1 tablespoon
Mustard powder - 1 tablespoon
Salt, pepper
Bread crumbs
Oil for frying

Method:

1. Bind all the ingredients except bread crumbs and oil. Make a tight dough.
2. Take a small portion into your palms and give it a shape of your choice.
3. Cover the pakora with bread crumbs
4. Heat oil in a skillet/frying pan and fry the pakoras.
5. Serve with kecthup/salad.

We had them with ginger pickle and the combination was perfect. This is certainly something I will be making more this winter. The dipping mercury is commanding me to, after all!

I hope you like it too :)

Sury

10 comment(s):

hmmm.... Yummy!!!! Will surely try this, Sury...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

Please do and I hope you like it as much as I did, Tina!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

Hey sury, the recipe looks yummy and simple. Will give a try soon. Egg pakado is new to me:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 AM  

My son is going to love this,Sury.Simple recipe too..:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

Priya, do give it a try, I am sure you will enjoy it. It is very simple.

S, I am glad I can post things your toddler likes. I hope you do too :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 AM  

why can't i post comments

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  

Of course you can, Anthony! I see it right there. But I do suspect there is a problem with the comments thing if someone tries to post without a website address or such. Some days back my friend posted comments twice, but they wouldn't show up. Later, when I posted a reply, her comments became visible too. Hmm...can someone tell me what the trouble could be? Sigh...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

Hi Sury, I love anything with eggs and when they are fried? How can I resist? Great recipe. Am new to blogging myself, do pay me a visit sometime!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

Glad you like the recipe, Ashwini, and thanks for stopping by. I hopped over to your blog, and was duly impressed. Will link it soon. Keep checking in :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

ok...love this and going to try this one for sure...how about today? Lets see, getting too excited about pakoras!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home