(Lima) Beans and Delhi Cha(a)t

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Think Food



Image courtesy: http://www.indianfoodsco.com/

I found this interesting resource on Indian food. Worth the reading time of Indian food admirers and food lovers in general. The section on Bengali Cuisine is here. I myself learned a lot of new things about the food of my region.

Happy eating, er...reading ;)

Sury

3 comment(s):

You made me feel like going over there to hunt them myself! Yum! I am in Toronto, I wonder if any of our Indian restaurants make these? I have eaten in quite a few but never seen them.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 AM  

Hi Linda,

Are you talking about the dishes mentioned in the link I posted or the picture here? If it's the picture, that's what is known as thali in India. Basically it's a platter for lunch or dinner and has rice, roti and a host of other items like lentils, cooked vegetables, meat curry (in case of non-veg thalis), yogurt, salad and pickle. With papad and a dessert of course. You could check in the Indian restuaruants in your area if they serve a thali.

Good luck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

Re picture... yes we get Thali here, too, veg or non-veg. I have had a lot of Thali. It is so picturesque, isn't it? But I was referring to the dishes mentioned.

Linda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home